Running Isn't Easy

Sharing a little about our journey along the miles.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Race Report 10/23/11

Race: Honored Hero

Distance: 20 Miles

Time: 3:13

Finish: Overall:  , Gender:  , Age Group: 1/  (coming soon...)

Comments:  Small races can be so nice!  I had a really great run and by that I mean I felt good.  I can't say that about all my races.  But I felt good the entire 20 miles.  I'm not sure if it was because I was just running at a pace that felt right (no time goal).  In fact, I was feeling so good around mile 14, I started talking to just about everyone I came along, even if it was just to say "Good job!".  I was also able to speed up for my last 3 miles which was another sign that I was feeling pretty darn good.  Have I mentioned that?  What's kind of funny is that I was actually afraid I wouldn't finish the entire 20 miles.  I was worried I'd stop part way through.  One of the guys I chatted with is getting ready to run his 75th marathon next weekend.  Wow!  You can read about him here.  I met a grandmother who is training for her first marathon.  I met another woman who lost her mom to cancer and had a shirt that I would love to have - the back read "Strong for my mom". 

Lessons Learned:  I found some new spots that will need Body Glide during future long runs and the marathon.  ;)  I think a pit stop has to be part of my marathon plan - somewhere between mile 4 and mile 7.  I am just going to have to stop.  No other option as far as I can tell.  Oh well. 


Here are the girls waiting at the finish line.  Photo taken by ever-supportive husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment