Running Isn't Easy

Sharing a little about our journey along the miles.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Long Run

I finally logged a Long Run on Memorial Day. 

Before I left for the run, I gathered up everything that would be necessary to take Little Miss Spitfire with me if she woke up before I left.  (She didn't.)  I also left a detailed note for Hubby about what he should put in the stroller if he wanted me to take her with me. Then I placed an insulated bag on the front porch with water and Gatorade and set out to run 3x 4-mile loops, stopping by the house after each one for water and in case I needed to pick up LMS. 

The first loop, I kept thinking that it felt like I was flying.  Not because I was going fast.  I was not.  But because I was stroller free.  I could run up and down curbs, cut corners, and use both arms. Fabulous. 

My first loop ended up being 4.4 miles because I took an extra quarter mile around a pond and then took a detour around some free roaming dogs.  I shouldn't have been surprised that my insulated bag was not on the front porch when I returned.  I continued up the driveway to see the stroller sitting out which was actually good because I needed a potty break.  While I went inside, Hubby got LMS situated.

Rather than continuing doing loops, LMS and I ran the last 7.6 miles down our main street, around our Town Square and then back through our neighborhood.  My only complaint about the route was that I ran by Panera Bread, The Corner Bakery and Starbucks.  Yummy aromas all around.  I was already hungry.  That didn't help. 

But at least that 12 Miles is out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment