Running Isn't Easy

Sharing a little about our journey along the miles.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 9 . . . really?

Yep, Day 9 of No Running.  It's Sunday, my usual "rest day".  I'm feeling better but still not back to normal completely.  I've still got a touch of crud in my chest.  Today is my last day of antibiotics though, so after talking it over with hubby, I've decided to give 1 or 2 miles a try tomorrow. 

My next Half is June 12, and we recently decided to do a 10K on June 4 (while on a trip visiting family).   I don't want to wait too much longer.  I should be training for that half. 

I was reading a post over at Mom vs Marathon who is in a similar situation.   OK, only similar in that she's having to take time off from running.  Truthfully, I had lost some motivation.  I didn't have a real schedule going on.  Maybe all this happened to give me some time "off" from running to get motivated again and actually come up with a plan.  Or maybe it happened because I needed to slow down (literally and figuratively) for a little while to give my body a break, to give our schedule a change, and to appreciate being able to run and be active.   

On Thursday Angel Girl looked at me and asked if we were ever going to go anywhere again.  Maybe she needed some change too.  I decided to try Stroller Class on Friday.  It turned out to be only me and the (other) instructor, so we took a 2 mile walk and then let the kids play at the playground.  On the way home, Angel Girl sang "I love my mommy" over and over.  When we got home, I put Little Miss Spitfire down for her nap.  Then Angel Girl and I had lunch.  She told me it had been the best morning ever.  Maybe both of us needed some change to appreciate what we have.

You probably figured out that I skipped that 5K yesterday.  There's a first time for everything.  Going to packet pickup made me a little sad, but I wanted the race goodies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment