Running Isn't Easy

Sharing a little about our journey along the miles.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Random Notes

Do I really have a Half in less than 2 weeks?  Yes, I do.  It's snuck up on me so quickly.  I'm not ready - not really - but I'm not overly worried either.  I just want to finish and get this out of the way.  Then maybe I'll take a month off from this "training" schedule and simply enjoy my runs before I begin the schedule for the 20 Miler in October.  Maybe. 

We switch to our summer schedule at Stroller Mates this week.  As the heat increases, we move class earlier if at all possible.  This summer we're trying something new and having class 2 days per week at 7:30am.  Here in Texas it can already be in the mid-70's by that time of day.  I'm a little worried about what time I'll have to get myself and the girls up in order to make it on time.  I also like to run a 2 mile loop before class but I don't realistically see that happening at 7am.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays we're also trying something new - circuit classes at the playground.  We've got quite a few kids 3 and over.  This should allow them time to play (and get some physical activity) and decrease the amount of time they spend in the stroller. 

Registration for the Full Marathon on my Birthday Weekend in December opens this Wednesday.  I'm not sure if I'm excited, nervous or crazy, but . . . I'm registering.  At least My Neighbor is going to do this race also.  I will not be alone.  She's already run a full though, so she knows what she's doing.  I, on the other hand, really have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment