Running Isn't Easy

Sharing a little about our journey along the miles.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Recovery

I had hoped for a long run of 8-10 miles on Sunday morning, so I was disappointed that I didn't leave the house until 6:50am knowing full well that I needed to be back no later than 8:00am.  I managed 6.2 miles.  A 10K seemed like a decent goal considering I'd only run 3.5 miles a day since getting over that nasty sinus infection & bronchitis. 

The bad news it that I have a 10K on June 4 and a Half on June 12.  I'm pretty sure the 10K will be fine.  Luckily, we're going a little bit north (2 states north actually) so I'm hoping for slightly cooler temperatures and less humidity.  The Half is another story entirely because it will be here in Texas where the humidity has been over 80% lately, and it's been in the mid-70's by 7am.  At least the race begins at 7:30am in an effort to avoid some heat. 

My first ever Half Marathon was in February at Disney World.  I was suprised to finish in 1:57.  My second Half was in my hometown and I was disappointed (despite everyone commenting on the ridiculous headwind for the entire race) to finish in just over 2 hours with 2:01.  I had hoped to finish this coming Half in under 2 hours, but I'm beginning to think my goal should be simply "to finish".  My Neighbor will be running as well and she keeps (sensibly) reminding me that my actual goal is a Full Marathon in December and that these summer races are just for fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment