Running Isn't Easy

Sharing a little about our journey along the miles.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Race Report 9/23/2011

Race:  Get Healthy Texas 5K

Distance:  3.1 Miles

Time: 26:24

Finish:  Overall:  32/159, Gender:  10/93, Age Group:  3/24

Comments:  One of the Stroller Mates Moms used this as her goal race to train for a 5K following the birth of baby boy #3.  It was a fun race - we met there and hung out with until start time.  Wonder Woman was also there with her oldest who's 6.  He kept yelling at her to "Run faster, MOM!" during the race (yeah, that's super-easy when you're pushing a 45 lb kid).  Angel Girl sort of sang/yelled the whole way and chimed in occasionally with the "Run faster, MOM!" and "Go, Mommy, Go!" on hills.  We were quite the sight, I'm sure.  It was a 6pm race, so I was very thankful that Little Miss Spitfire didn't fall asleep during the race (that would've meant a very late bedtime).  Probably the singing/yelling kept her awake.  Angel Girl thinks I won this race because I got a trophy.  I'll just let her think that for now.

Lessons Learned:  No big lessons here, but I am reminded how much I like small races (when else would I get a trophy?!), how much more fun it is to have friends there, and how nice it is to have one close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment