Running Isn't Easy

Sharing a little about our journey along the miles.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

What happened to running?

Is this a post about running?  Well, not so much.  But it is a post about my frustration because I'm not running as much as I'd like to be.

Life has gotten a little more hectic and less conducive to running in the last month or so.  About 4 weeks ago while walking home from our neighborhood pool, we passed a home for sale and commented that more space might be nice.  Ten days later our house went on the market and we had an Open House (same day as the Hottest Half).  Three days later we had an offer.  Now we're 'under contract', and I'm stuck at the house waiting for various service techs to show up during a 4 hour window. 

Wednesday morning I actually ran laps around our block while waiting for a plumber.  It's half a mile around our block, so I figured the most anyone would have to wait was 4-5 minutes.  I think I got 2.5 miles in that way, but running laps around your block (a) gets moderately boring and (b) makes the neighbors wonder what you're doing.  Yesterday I managed to squeeze in 3 miles before the girls woke up.  I've been doing 2-3 miles on the dreadmill when I can (but oh how boring that is).  This piecemeal running is not ideal.  I miss getting 4-5 miles in at once.  I'm hopeful that I'll get back into a better routine and soon.  I have only been going to Stroller Mates when I'm teaching which means my overall fitness is suffering - not just running. 

I've also had to apologize to every friend who's moved in the last couple of years - for my own ignorance and lack of sympathy for all the stress it entails.  Wonder Woman moved not that long ago, and I had no idea.  Since Angel Girl was born, the majority of our moves have been from one rental to the next until this home.  Even then it was buying only.  I think what's frying my brain is the selling and the buying all at once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment