Running Isn't Easy

Sharing a little about our journey along the miles.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hottest Half

I'm scheduled to run the Hottest Half this Sunday with My Neighbor.  It may truly be the hottest half.  We've had 40 consecutive days of triple digit heat.  The record is 42 consecutive days. 

We've been under either a Heat Advisory (temps over 105) or had an Excessive Heat Warning (temps over 110) pretty much every day.  The predicted low on Saturday night is 80 and the predicted high on Sunday is 104. 

I've decided to freeze the reservoir in my Hydrapak and wear it during the race.  That will allow me to focus on sports drinks at the water stops and keep water handy for most of the race. 

Anyone else running the Hottest Half this weekend?  Are you traveling or do you live nearby?

No comments:

Post a Comment