Running Isn't Easy

Sharing a little about our journey along the miles.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tempo Runs

Lately many of my runs have been a variation of a "tempo run" by default.  As in I don't manage to get out of the house until 6:50am and Hubby needs to leave by 7:30am AND my goal mileage for the day is 5 miles.  You see the issue here since I typically run a pace of 9:30 to 10:30 per mile on daily runs (especially in this heat).  So I've had quite a few mornings where my pace is averaging around 8:30 per mile.  Based on what I've read, I should really be doing a warm-up and cool-down mile at a slower pace, but again, it's not really an option some days. 

(Total side note:  Our A/C went out Thursday afternoon.  Yikes it was hot in here!  Luckily the A/C repair guy was here bright and early on Friday and got it functioning again by 10am.  I don't know about the weather where you are, but we're on our 28th consecutive day of triple digit heat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment