Running Isn't Easy

Sharing a little about our journey along the miles.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Race Report 6/12/11

Race:  Wounded Warrior Half Marathon

Distance: 13.1 Miles

Time:  1:56:58

Finish: Overall: 160/883,  Gender: 37/410,  Division: 8/77

Comments:  I ran this race with My Neighbor and she graciously drove us there.  This was the first half marathon that I've run with a friend, and it was so nice to be standing around chatting before it began.  We debated either (a) starting with the 1:50 pace group and seeing how long we could stay with them or (b) starting with the 2:00 pace group and trying to speed up in the last few miles.  We chose option (a).  I gradually watched that 1:50 sign move farther and farther ahead of me after Mile 5 or so.  After that my goal was simply not to let the 2:00 pace group pass me.  It was HOT.  OK, maybe not that hot, but it was in the mid-70's when the race began at 7:00am, and it was in the mid-80's by the time I got back to the car.  That's pretty warm.  I was happy that Hubby and the girls made it in time to greet me at the finish line!  They are always a welcome sight. 

Lesson(s) Learned:  Heat makes a huge difference.  I knew that - sort of - already.  I seem to be needing a little bit more recovery time today and am having a few . . . um . . . "issues" that's I'd read about but had yet to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment