Running Isn't Easy

Sharing a little about our journey along the miles.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Race Report 6/4/11

Race:  River Run

Distance: 2 Mile

Time:  19:51

Finish: Overall: 515/2342, no division results posted

Comments:  This course was also fairly flat but the shade had disappeared by the time it began at 9:30am. We began the race together but Hubby and SIL's husband took off at about a 8:30 pace.  After running the 10K and acquiring the 75+ lbs of stroller + kids, I wasn't even trying for faster than a 10:00 pace.  I ran with my sister-in-law and we chatted about So You Think You Can Dance and various other things.  Both of these races were well organized and fun. 

Lesson(s) Learned:  Watch out!  It's hard to stop quickly with the stroller.  My apologies to the man who ran in front of me and slowed down.  I ran into him . . . or rather I ran the stroller into him.

No comments:

Post a Comment