Running Isn't Easy

Sharing a little about our journey along the miles.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Race Report 6/4/11

Race:  River Run

Distance: 10K

Time:  57:03

Finish: Overall: 658/1659,  Division: 33/116

Comments:  It was a nice course - a lot of shade, fairly flat and the race started at 7:30am to avoid some of the heat.  My race strategy seems to involve finding someone who looks like they know what they're doing and also seem to run a similar pace and then I follow them.  It was nice to run by myself.  I saw several people with strollers and realized Hubby would've asked me to take Little Miss Spitfire if he'd known they were allowed.  The race was well organized and fun.  I would definitely run it again. 

Lesson(s) Learned:  I could have run this race faster but I was worried about the 2 Mile Run after it.  I didn't want to be exhausted because (a) I was running with some family members that we were visiting and (b) I knew I'd be pushing the Phil & Ted's with both girls. I was able to push myself pretty hard for the last mile - a clear indication I did not push myself enough early on.

No comments:

Post a Comment