Running Isn't Easy

Sharing a little about our journey along the miles.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Gear

Now that it's spring, I'm realizing I've got to revamp how I prepare for our runs. I no longer need blankets or fuzzy seat liners.

Rain Cover: I use this for rain (although rarely do I actually run in the rain, drizzle and misty type weather maybe) and also for windy days when the temperature is below 60. Angel Girl will ask for it if she thinks it's too windy or too chilly. I may also start a run with it if it's a little cool, and then have to remove it as the day warms up (it was 50 when we started our run this morning but 63 by the time we got home).

Sun Shades: I have some with a 50+ UPF rating that make me feel a little better about having the girls out on warm, sunny days. Of course, my Bob Duallie has individual shades and the sun shades don't provide that much increased coverage, but additional sun shades are a must on the Phil & Ted's (at least I consider them a must for my fair-skinned kiddos).

The rain cover will get stored in the bottom of the stroller once our days get a little warmer, but I'll keep those sun shades throughout summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment