Running Isn't Easy

Sharing a little about our journey along the miles.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Why I heart Bob, Phil & Ted

BOB Revolution Single/Duallie
Pros:  Smooth like butter.  Easy to turn.  I can easily run with only one hand on the stroller (I'm sure they advise against this in the users manual).  Plenty of storage under and behind the seats.  The sun shades provide plenty of coverage and have windows on top to see the kiddos.  If am only going to have 1 daughter during a 5K, I choose the single BOB. 
Cons:  The Duallie is HEAVY and wide.  It's tough getting in and out of my Murano.  I generally leave it at home and use it around the neighborhood.  I would not use it in a 5K because of its width. 
Options:  I added a "drink console" to each BOB which holds 2 water bottles and has a zippered pocket for smaller items.  I have the car seat converter for the Duallie which includes a snack tray on one side for Angel Girl (holds a drink and snacks).  I also have a rain cover for both BOBs.  I use them more for wind & colder weather more than rain. 
Phil & Ted's Sport (with doubles kit option)
Pros:  Tandem seating means that even with 2 kids, it's not too wide.  It fits in the car easily and it's a little bit lighter which makes it easy to get in and out of the Murano.  It fits in my husband's trunk as well.  It switches easily from single to double.  If I am going to run a 5K with both daughters, this is my choice.  It's been through quite a few of them.  Adequate storage in the bottom of the stroller.  Great for stroller classes. 
Cons:  Not quite as easy to manuever.  Requires both hands to turn.  Not quite as smooth.  It only has one sun shade (on the top seat), and I find it necessary to add an additional sun shade in the summer.  The bottom seat does not have its own sun shade; I add one in the summer.  No storage on the backs of the seats.
Options:  I added a Phil & Ted's "drink console" which holds 2 water bottles and has a zippered pocket for smaller items.  I have a rain cover for this stroller as well, also used more for wind and cold than for rain. 
Side note:  Keep a small hand pump in the bottom of your stroller!  I learned that lesson the hard way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment