Running Isn't Easy

Sharing a little about our journey along the miles.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Where is my motivation?

I've been a little lacking in motivation since my last half.  I think my longest run to date has been 5 miles.  My Neighbor encouraged me to sign up for a half in June . . . which then motivated me to sign up for a 20 Miler in October.  But June seems so far away.  I guess she got tired of hearing me talk about my lack of motivation because I found myself outside at 7am on Sunday morning with Little Miss Spitfire cocooned in the BOB, ready for a 7 mile run with My Neighbor. 

So My Neighbor deserves a huge THANK YOU!  I've never run with someone else (other than races but that doesn't count - I've tried chatting with people during races and no one seems to like it) and it was so much fun!  We talked the whole way, every step.  I think she might have been done with chatting around 5.25 miles because she tried to turn her iPod on for some tunes.  But it wasn't working.  So I cranked up the iPhone with its speaker and continued to talk over it. 

Little Miss Spitfire slept.  She fell asleep about 20 minutes into the run, and I - as usual - had to wake her up when we got home. 

Have I mentioned I've wanted to join a weekend group run for months now?  I'm - quite frankly - intimidated and worried about taking at least one girl in the stroller because I'm afraid I'd be the only one with a stroller.  But it was so nice to run with someone and talk (I mean talk other than shouting back and forth about snacks, how much further we have, and why we can't take home every rock we see).  Maybe next weekend.

P.S.  Hubby fixed the tire on the BOB.  Yay!  I guess I should have referred to Wonder Woman's post about setting goals while I was looking for my motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment